Solved

Help with Publishing

• 13 November 2020
  • 11 replies

Badge

How do I Publish just one item at a time? We have a large group object and if I update 1 of the recordings - how do I only re-publish or publish the one I am working on as others on the project are working at a different pace than I am?

Also trying to figure out how to extract a PDF of the work instructions.

icon

Best answer by Per 16 November 2020, 20:26

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @lfulk!

No worries - it a lot easier in Attain. :slight_smile:

If in Attain, open the recording in the editor. To preview the PDF, make sure you are in the “Written editor” - then scroll to the top in the right-side preview pane, and click on the “burger-menu” button. Then click on PDF to open the PDF. Make sure you save your changes if you want to preview the latest work you completed.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @lfulk!

In Attain your entire project is a publication in itself, and will republish when you ask it to. You cannot produce one recording on it’s own. However, there also shouldn’t a need to. For your own reviewing purposes, you can do so inside the editor. And in Attain other stakeholders can be invited to the project and given access to review on their own.

Once you do publish, since Attain runs in the cloud by default, publishing will also be a lot faster to complete, and ClickLearn Studio will not be in locked state during publishing, which means you can continue work elsewhere meanwhile.

Badge

Per, that works on initial publishing but not on an ever changing learning content portal. Right now we’re building out or portal so its not a big deal but as we continue to grow and evolve as an organization - things are very dynamic. Is this something ClickLearn is considering bringing back to Attain? I personally feel its quite inconvenient to have to publish every recording if I dont want to. 

Badge

@tgreen @jhenderson @jothurston @jashford @mwhitehead @sbirchfield 

See this post regarding publishing.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @lfulk!

In the recording list view in ClickLearn Classic, select object(s) you wish to produce and publish. Please notice that recording, book and shelf objects can be produced - while on book and shelf objects can be published.

If you simply want to preview the content prior to publishing and making content available to end-users, only produce it. Or use the preview inside the editor.

Badge

Thanks Per,

I’m actually in Click Learn Attain not classic.

Badge

Thanks again Per,

How about publishing certain recordings to update them in IFS rather than re-publishing the whole project in Attain. I knew how to do it in Classic

Badge

Thanks @Per 

Here’s my problem with that:

Say I have a project that multiple users are working on. I have an update to 2 or 3 of my recordings that need to be published and I am ready to go. But Authors 1 - 2 - 3 - and 4 are still working on their items and are not ready to publish the update or new recording - Now in attain - instead of just publishing the update of my recording I am now publishing the update to everyones work in the project.

Laurie

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Laurie,

In that case I would leave unfinished content out of the learning portal. And let my colleagues finish their work, until I add it and republish.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Laurie,

You could: 

1. Take out the recording(s) still being edited, and add them later when ready, or
  2. Save a new version of the recording(s) to be edited, and replace the old with the new when they are ready for publishing.

Badge

Thanks @Per ,

Number 2 is the more likely work-around its just additional un-necessary steps. I do feel you all should consider brining back publishing at a recording level. It would be more convenient. Just my .02 cents.