Solved

Making a copy of a clicklearn recording

• 3 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

When I create a copy of the clrx file, rename the copy, and then import it into Clicklearn; it removed the original Clicklearn recording from the Clicklearn recordings view.

What I am trying to do is create copies of existing clrx files.  And then adjust the copies to be specifically be used by the Robotics functionality (which seems to work great btw!).

If I’m not approaching this with the correct idea of what a clrx file is please feel free to correct me.  :--)

Cheers,

Marc

icon

Best answer by Morten 6 July 2020, 12:17

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Marc!

The right way to create a copy of a recording is from inside the editor in ClickLearn Studio. Use File>>Save As and save a copy of the recording you have open in the editor. If you don’t do it this way, you risk getting problems later on.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Marc!

The right way to create a copy of a recording is from inside the editor in ClickLearn Studio. Use File>>Save As and save a copy of the recording you have open in the editor. If you don’t do it this way, you risk getting problems later on.

Hey @iam0kru,

Inside each clrx file is a unique ID - this is is generated when you are creating the file or when using File - save as. This is the actual reference the clicklearn studio relies upon, it doesn’t care what the file name is, thats why creating a copy using windows explorer does not work as you might expect :)

Unique recording ID

Badge

Thanks for the great feedback Morten. 

Badge

I found a  way to do this.  I create a new ‘dummy’ recording (no steps).  Then I swap out the clrx file with what I want (the one I’ll be using to create the Robotics focused steps).  Then I rename the ‘dummy’ recording to be what I need for organizing my Robotics Clicklearn procedures.

It’s not elegant but it works alright so far.

Marc