Solved

Refreshing content in ClickLearn Assist window

• 26 April 2022
  • 7 replies

We’re just about (this afternoon!) to launch ClickLearn to the users and have been testing ClickLearn Assist within IFS (using ClickLearn Attain). We have created and published a new recording which is appearing in the portal but not appearing in the content list of the ClickLearn Assist window (image attached) from within IFS. Also, the order/sequence of the recordings has been changed which is reflected in the portal but not in the content listing within Assist.

Is there another step required to refresh this content in the ClickLearn Assist window?

icon

Best answer by Morten 26 April 2022, 11:52

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Dan Wymer 

It depends how you deployed it, is this though the browser extension? 

Every time you re-produce and re-publish you need to go to the assist config link and delete the current config, and add it again.

Basically you are placing the assist repository xml file on the could, if you dont do this - then you will see the old content, because the assist only cares about the xml file - not about your actual portal.

This is relevant to browser based IFS applications, like Aurena.

If it is IFS apps or FSM then it is different - let me know if that is the case.

I hope it makes sense, if not - let me know! :)

Thanks Morten, yes, we’re using the browser extension and IFS Aurena. I’ve deleted and recreated the configurations but the ClickLearn Assist content list is still the old version - in the wrong order and not including new recordings.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

Sorry @Morten - forgot to tag you in my reply

Userlevel 6
Badge

Sorry @Morten - forgot to tag you in my reply

it’s all good - i see everything! ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks Morten, yes, we’re using the browser extension and IFS Aurena. I’ve deleted and recreated the configurations but the ClickLearn Assist content list is still the old version - in the wrong order and not including new recordings.

Is there anything else that I need to do?

so, what you can then try is to delete your analyzer file - then produce and publish again.

please see this instruction: (look for attached pdf)

I’m removed the analyzer file, reproduced & republished and then deleted & reinstated the Assist config but it still hasn’t refreshed the CL Assist content list.

I also noticed that even after deleting the config, Assist was still available in the browser (I opened a new tab after deleting to pick up the URL to put in the new config) so is there an issue browser-side, with it not picking up changes?  I wouldn’t want to have to get users to do something every time there is an update of content so hopefully not.

Let me know if you have anything else we can try. We can still access content via the Portal but had placed Live Assist high up in our user onboarding strategy so hopefully we can find a fix.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Dan Wymer 

lets look at this together, i will send you a booking link shortly.