Under construction

Attain: Import a project template to existing project & creation of a project independent template

• 27 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

In Attain you currently can only import a template during the initial project creation process. Please could you add the possibility / feature that makes it possible to import templates to projects that are already created. Furthermore, please develop the possibility to create a project independent template.

In Classic we have be able to adjust the workspace, which immediatly impacted the project layout. 

@Community: Please vote for this request, if this would be helpful to you too.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Volmer,

Thanks for the reach out. I’m wondering what exactly you would like to import. Currently the term “template” is applied broadly in ClickLearn Attain ;-)

1. Publishing templates (look and feel of how you publish).
  1. Dictionaries and connector templates (the wording for each action you perform in your host application).
  2. Project templates (the assignment of privileges for each of the author roles and the creation of content folders in assets and recordings)

If you could guide me a little on what you are trying to accomplish, I would eternally grateful.

/ Joachim

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Joachim,

according to your terms, I’m refering to the “Publishing templates”.

Actually we can only select once a “project ublishing templates” during the creation process of a project.

If you apply changes to a general (company default) “Project publishing template”, it’s not possible to re-assign it to an existing project anymore.

I rather would prefer to establish a project independent “publishing template” as a company default template and assign it to or select it in various project. (similar to the concept of a workspace in Classic)

I hope this describes my request in a more understandable way.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Got it. I complete agree with you. We should definitely have a company level publishing templating system (independent). A promotion feature inside the publishing setting for a project and the ability to import from an existing project (after creation).

/ Joachim