Under construction

Idea: add notifications to show new videos and updates

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have an idea that would help teams see at a glance when a section is updated or new content is added, via “notifications”.  This is commonplace and user-friendly.  I’ve included a sample screenshot.

This is especially helpful if you have a lot of content.  Another ancillary option is to allow end-users to subscribe to get notification updates by email if content is added to a section or content is updated.

One other note here:  I would recommend the notification be setup as a manual process so the editors can select which/where to set a notification update.  As you know, many groups hit the produce button for a shelf and all the content is updated so it can’t be based on the timestamp of the file but as an example if I wanted to let end-users know I have 5 updates or new content in a section, during the production process, I set that section to 5 (as an example).

Notifications of updates and new content

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This would be a beneficial feature that I would love to see! Our ClickLearn content is updated on a quarterly basis at the same time we make updates and add new features to our D365 F&O application. Currently, we communicate these changes to certain ClickLearn recordings in our release notes, however, these notifications  will help users easily identify updated or new recordings. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This would be a beneficial feature that I would love to see! Our ClickLearn content is updated on a quarterly basis at the same time we make updates and add new features to our D365 F&O application. Currently, we communicate these changes to certain ClickLearn recordings in our release notes, however, these notifications this will help users easily identify updated or new recordings. 

We also talked about a quarterly newsletter and other ideas but the best approach may be to adopt the notification icons.  I also really like the idea of a dynamic section called “Updates” that has a list of new sections, recordings, updated notes, etc, etc.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for reaching out. I completely agree with you. We will implement this soon. So I’m hoping for a little patience on this from your side.

It will be a two-step rocket:

1. Provide insides for the user on what’s new.
  2. Provide new formats of learning, suited for the Learning for change (Imagine a run down document, that only focuses on the areas that have actually changed for the end user)

I think you will see step 1 completed very soon. On your concern that once you hit the produce button all content is updated. We actually have a really nice feature coming out later today, that will ONLY produce changed content. That in combination with a versioning inventory, will provide the information, that you are looking for.

I like the newsletter idea. We will look into that. Thank you @trice602  and  @Nickia  for sharing your thoughts on this.