Open

Increase Video Font Size for Screen Captions

• 21 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Attn:  Please pass to development team;

Hello folks, 

Can you please consider improving the font selection and size for screen captions / sub-titles used in all video outputs?  This was also an issue in ClickLearn Classic as well as Attain.  Many of our users posted feedback to our eLearning that the font size for these is too small even if they maximise their screen.

Thanks!

Jim.Beaudoin@austal.com

IFS Training Lead

Austal Ships Pty Ltd. 

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with you that normal font selection, should be doable (at a minimum with a size small, medium, large) on all captions. I will bring it across to the team.

/ Joachim

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Joachim;

We’ve already noticed in Attain the improved digital voices are much better now than those previously available in Classic, and this is great for our end users.  Regarding closed captions & sub-titles, under Australian law, these are now required on all video outputs and media content we produce, we really appreciate your help in working with us to achieve this compliance: 

https://www.stylemanual.gov.au/content-types/video-and-audio/requirements-and-standards-video-and-audio

Looking forward to greatly improved functionality for closed captions in support of people with disabilities in upcoming releases of Attain.

Thank you and Regards, 

Jim.Beaudoin@austal.com

IFS Training Lead

Austal Ships Pty Ltd. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi,

We have now added this change request to our product backlog.
I will update you when/if this will be part of a release.

Best regards,
Jonas Ranebring