Setting Up the ClickLearn Assistant for Web Apps

• 25 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

This guide is for web apps only.

To get started, first publish your content. In the final screen of the Publishing process, you will see two URLs.

Copy the Assistconfig URL and paste it into a web browser.

You will get prompted to log in. Enter your credentials and click Login.

Head back to ClickLearn Studio and copy the URL of the published portal

Return to the Assistconfig webpage and paste the portal URL into the link area and click Go!

You will automatically get a prompt asking if you want to add this to your system.  Paste the URL of the webpage where the Assistant will be used.

This completes the process.

To test that the Assistant has been configured you will need to install the ClickLearn Chrome Assist Extension for Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

Once installed, return to the website where you will be using the Assist.

Click on the Assist Extension and paste the URL of your portal. Click Continue

The Assist will now allow you to go through the steps documented in your recording.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

What do you do if you complete above steps, but when you test that the Assistant has been configured 

no content is found?

I have a content cloud I want to link to two environments (a training and test environment). I have set both up separately in Assist Config, both pointing at same Content Cloud library, but Assist only seems to run on the Training environment, but not in Test.

Not sure what troubleshooting I can apply.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Found a solution. 

Troubleshooting for anyone interested:

I realised it only allowed me to have the assistant linked to one site per browser.

If I have training environment opened in Chrome, and Test open in Edge (both with Assist extension running) it seems to work for both sites concurrently.

Good morning,
Question 1: Problem with virtual assistant launcher
 I created a project with recordings for IFS cloud. I edited the content, and I produced it. Everything is going well locally. I published the content, and I followed the tutorial indicated above to the letter to be able to have the icon which allows you to launch the virtual assistant from the IFS Cloud page. Even if my connector is activated on the browser page, the virtual assistant launch icon does not appear. Did I skip a step? Is there something I'm not doing well?

Question 2: Is it possible to attach an external portal (example: https://clicklearn.content.eu.clicklearn.com/) to my IFS cloud environment so that I can use the viryel assistant?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Yassine Ch. 

I hope our session today solved your issue by running the assist configuration after publishing the content :)