Changing icons on books and aside objects

• 8 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Put some color into your portal

Did you know that you can customize all the icons on your portal, but also for the different learning formats?

Impress your learners today, by following the video below:

changing icons on books and aside objects - YouTube

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Gret like it a lot. I have one more question, where can i get the icon from? Especcially for show me, try me, test me and ppt and word and so on..

Thanks, Bernd

Userlevel 6
Badge

hi @bernd.kuebler 

Glad you liked it :D

you can use standard image files, just like i did in the video :)

Hi @Morten can I ask please, when using this approach, am I right in saying that the icons will only show if the name of the book contains the word you use as the name in the ICON_'name' format? Is it also then the case that all documents within that book inherit that same icon, even if they themselves have a name that contains another icon record? Just want to make sure we don't get ourselves in a mess with a book showing one icon and the contents of it showing lots of different one's? Hope that makes sense?

Also - what happens if the name of a book contains two of the words showing in the list of configurations? What is the rules for that? Will one win out over the other in alphabetical order etc or something else? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Morten can I ask please, when using this approach, am I right in saying that the icons will only show if the name of the book contains the word you use as the name in the ICON_'name' format? Is it also then the case that all documents within that book inherit that same icon, even if they themselves have a name that contains another icon record? Just want to make sure we don't get ourselves in a mess with a book showing one icon and the contents of it showing lots of different one's? Hope that makes sense?

Also - what happens if the name of a book contains two of the words showing in the list of configurations? What is the rules for that? Will one win out over the other in alphabetical order etc or something else? Thanks

Hey Matt,

please contact me at support, then we can look at this together :)