Solved

Recording Audio

• 3 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

We have some new use cases for ClickLearn within our organization and one group would like to record their own audio for the steps. Is this possible?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by RichardPower 3 November 2020, 18:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

In Developer mode (ClickLearn Classic) the editing pane has a “Custom Audio” area near the bottom. I’ve never tried it, but that’s where I would start. It has a record on/off button so you can do it there, and it looks like you can import external audio files as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Kylie,

they definately can :) they can either add the pre-recorded audio files directly on the steps, or they can record them directly at the relevant step.

I’ve attached the guide.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Kylie,

It certainly is an option but be aware that it will require manual maintenance going forward – so keeping the documentation updated will require a lot of work compared to just replaying the recordings.

BR Lars

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Community, 

I am looking for a way to record voice over for the entire recording, rather than just change custom audio for specific steps.  How can I just record using the microphone for the entire video??

If anyone knows how to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jim Beaudoin

Austal Ships Ltd. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @beauj9 !

Excellent question. The main benefits of using ClickLearn - automated combining of text and screenshots with digital voices to create 7 formats of learning and documentation - will be difficult to achieve in the scenario you describe above. Authors risk spending a lot of time to try and make the perfect audio recording and match the timing with the steps in the video. This type of video/audio recording and editing capability is outside of the scope of the solution.

We recommend using the digital voices to create automatically narrated videos. This also makes it a lot easier to maintain and update your source content when needed. In the rare exception where you might need to record or insert your own audio, this is as you also write only possible on step level. But generally I would suggest avoiding it whenever possible.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Per;

I understand both the limitations and the advantages of using the digital voices to more easily update source content later.

Thanks very much, 

Jim Beaudoin

Austal Ships 

Perth Australia