Skip to main content

How do you add metadata to a Word template? For instance, the name of the recording is displayed in the document using the reference ##NAME##.

Hi @hmccabe 

In ClickLearn Attain you can currently only use ##NAME## ##USER## ##COMPANY## in the header or footer only.

the rest of the tags will be added later to Word and PowerPoint for use in any part of the document, the same way as you have in Classic - but with additional new tags.

How can the Document and Custom Metadata for a Recording in Attain be used, i.e. where can it be displayed? For example, can it be displayed in a Word template or recording template?

In the example below, I created a section called Custom and added 2 metadata fields.

it can currently not be used in word and powerpoint, but it will come later.

@Morten 

Do we have the ability yet in Attain to add a metadata field to a Word template? Such as Alternative Title which we use to give the recording a longer name. 2 years ago you said the ability would be available later.

thanks

@Morten

Do we have the ability yet in Attain to add a metadata field to a Word template? Such as Alternative Title which we use to give the recording a longer name. 2 years ago you said the ability would be available later.

thanks

Hi Holly,

it is indeed! here are some resources to show you how :)

video:

writing:

https://universe.clicklearn.com/home/search?search=metadata

That’s disappointing. I thought the feature would be implemented by now since it’s been 2 years. Thank you for the update.

Hi Holly,

I think theres maybe a misunderstanding, i am saying it is there and am linking to a video showing how to add it.

By default, the alternative title is referenced in our template by “title” (all lower case):

perhaps you can reach out on support or contact your CSM for a session :)