Solved

Can ClickLearn record remote desktops?

• 21 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi, 

I’m currently working for a client that only allows me to work via citrix and remote desktop, I need to create content for a software, but I can’t seem to get ClickLearn to record steps on the remote desktop even though its running on my laptop.

Any advise?

icon

Best answer by Morten 21 November 2022, 10:34

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Anthony Dele,

clicklearn must be installed on the same environment as you are trying to record.

So if you are recording in citrix, then clicklearn studio needs to be installed on the citrix remote desktop  just as any other app you would be using there.

Are you able to help me install remote, I have downloaded but every time I try to record, I get the message to install ClickLearn extension which I have. 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge

you will need to install the native messaging host on the citrix desktop, and you need to have modify rights to c:\programdata\clicklearn on the citrix desktop too.

Hi Morten, In Statnett , we experience that the recording starts ok, but the green selection only selects the hwole window, not the exact commands where the mouse is.

Any tip?

Regards, Dan

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Dan,

ClickLearn has to be installed and executed on the Citrix desktop itself. ClickLearn has to be installed and running on the same environment as you are trying to record.

HI, thanx, yes we do that, however, with the connector installed, there is still a message telling me to install it in the green frame when starting a recording. 

But, where do I allow the mentioned c:\programdata\clicklearn? 

I can’t find a folder like that in the Citrix host.

Thanx, Dan

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Dan 

you need to make it available on the farm, a citrix admin needs to allow for the users to see that folder  so you can apply the permission and the file can be executed (clGChost)