Solved

Can you replace a step Image?

• 20 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am looking to update a single image in a recording. The one captured is partially obscured by Tooltip, which I want to replace - without having to record the clicks (as that would cause a continuity issue, different file number etc).

Ideally, I’d like to export the image, make some basic touch-ups using an image editor, and then re-import back to the Click Learn step.

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by Morten 23 March 2022, 14:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @AvaJim 

The replay feature will get rid of all the tooltips, as it moves faster than you are “allowed to” while recording.

Let me know if this does not solve your issue :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

No it doesn’t unfortunately. 

Especially in ‘Written document’ outputs, the tool-tip is really annoying placed.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @AvaJim 

The replay should take care care of this. Please reach out to us at support, and we will look at it together :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you - whilst Replay does often address the tooltip issue, many times it doesn’t; causing a significant increase in effort to remediate.

Some examples where Replay has not proved useful, or when having the ability to directly edit a screenshot would be a lot less hassle:

• When trying to remove a ‘tooltip’ where the step involves scrolling and selecting an entry from within a dropdown list. In this circumstance, Replay will remove the tooltip, but then select the ‘wrong’ option from the dropdown list is captured (as it selects an option relative to the click, ignoring the scroll).
  • When trying to remove a ‘tooltip’ where the step is several levels deep into a floating menu (one that disappears when you click away). To replace (for example) the third step in such a process, you need to replace all preceding steps too to ensure the menu is open as intended - even though those steps were fine (and a re-record may cause another common error). 
  • When I want to fix one particular screenshot, but don’t want that action to create a new record (e.g. if creating a customer - to fix one step, Replay would result in a new record number being created, which causes continuity issues for the remaining steps). It seems inefficient to create a new customer record for something as minor (but annoying) as a tooltip obscuring a field name. 

These are some examples i am facing. If there are alternatives or better practices to adopt, I'd be glad and appreciative to know and incorporate them. Thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @AvaJim 

Selecting a “wrong” item from a list is typically bound to a data issue.

For this, and the rest, i suggest we look at it together on a call - go ahead and contact us at support and we can see what we can do about those tooltips and the replay :)

I too think that there should be an easier way to edit “in the middle” as the replay function, just as you said, often causes an increase of effort instead. @AvaJim 

Is there any way we could get a feature that lets us edit after a recording is done? The replay function is great, but we shouldn’t have to follow it religiously as some of us would like to add images afterwards for the sake of context. For example, when recording a login that requires MFA on a different unit(phone etc.), it would be nice to take screenshots that could be edited into the recording. @Morten 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @aminasul  it is possible to add multiple types of screenshots, both the annotated screenshot feature, screenshot from a file / asset or a nextblock with an image.

If you are demonstrating a login process, i can recommend the regular screenshot option, or the textblock with image option.

if you want to add steps in the middle of your process, or at the end of your process you can use the feature for recording new steps before / after.

Perhaps it is easier for us to do a meeting where we go through your specific challenges @AvaJim  @aminasul :)