Solved

Enter any text, not only text that was captured in the recording

Is there a way to allow the user to enter any text when using the assistant, instead of only the text that was entered during the recording process.

For example: my recording has the use of a filter being captured in IFS, at the time of recording 148 was entered, but if a user was using the assistant to work through the steps they would probably want to work on their purchase order, not purchase order #148.

icon

Best answer by Morten 6 October 2022, 12:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Jenn,

Unfortunately there is no way for clicklearn to know when the user is done entering text, therefor after entering the text then you have to click on next to proceed.

I will check if this is something we can perhaps offer an alternative to, stay tuned while i ask our DEVs.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Jenn Warren 

In ClickLearn you have the ability to define if a step is to use generic input based off of the field name, or the specific input used while recording the step.

Example of generic:

Example of specific:

Here is the option for that:

In the assist role, you can chose how the assist should advance - when working with input fields it can provide useful to switch to “force next” which will tell the end user that the assist will not advance to the next step until they manually click next.

Here is how that looks:

Here is how it is configured: