Solved

How do you get accurate images of Microsoft Excel?

Userlevel 1
Badge

As part of the Microsoft Dynamics Finance and Operations process, I need to include some steps using Microsoft Excel.

No matter what I try, I can not get the Written Editor step image to recognise or show the Excel Cell that needs to be updated.  

The connector seems to only capture the full spreadsheet area. This would be somewhat tolerable if I could manipulate the ‘red rectangle’ hotspot and capture area using the Image Editor to show the relevant cell. However when I do this, the change is not reflected in the associated thumbnail screenshot in the Written Editor - which is very frustrating.

For reference, my project is using the following connectors

• Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, and
  • Custom Applications (Windows 10)

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated. Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Morten 6 October 2022, 12:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update: I had more success when using Excel Online for screenshot purposes (even though end users will be using the standalone application).

Just had to be mindful  to avoid any keyboard navigation. Would be nice if the Recorder could recognise the selected cell, rather than the tiny dot on screen where you click, but nicely presented documentation is possible if you have the time.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Does anyone have any other tips or strategies?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @AvaJim 

Sorry, this post flew under the radar.

I have checked your license, and you do not have the office connector which is required for excel recordings. Go ahead and contact your CSM or support and we can enable a trial of the connector for you - if you find that you like it, your ClickLearn account manager do a quote for this connector.