Solved

IFS custom UI components

• 23 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had problems with catching custom elements, spent hours on trying to figure out different approaches to get around this issue. At this point i’m wondering if clicklearn can capture any data from the customization layer at all? 

The green rectangle still shows up on those elements, and it is able to save a screenshot etc. But it looks like non-standard UI element data cannot be caught by clicklearn at all. 

Is there any documentation on the data editor in the picture below? I dont know how clickearn interacts with IFS during assist or replay, but my guess is that it is parsed and filtered. There has to be a way to use regex or some kind of wildcard character to substitute data.

I want to reach out to other users here, have you had similar problems? Did you solve them? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Morten 20 April 2023, 17:32

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Max,

sorry for the late response.

this looks like a standard element in IFS.

for example, lets say that all shortcuts uses the same element type with no way to uniquely identify them because a shortcut does not have a custom technical name generated, but rather uses the general control: shortcut.

This would cause the replay to just pick the first shortcut it sees, because they all use the same control. It is less optimal design to write the UI code this way and ClickLearn reacts accordingly.

if you would like to know exactly why your specific recording acts like this, reach out to us in support and we will find the reason :)