Solved

Import a word document

• 4 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have created a set of steps on Installing ClickLearn for our users. I have created this using screen shots and put them in a Word Doc. Is it possible to import that Word Doc into ClickLearn?

Thanks Penny

icon

Best answer by Morten 5 October 2023, 10:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Penny,

sure, you can add it via the assets tab, and then add it directly to your structure :)

dragging in the word doc from the assets

Badge

Thanks for that, I was also trying to add a PowerPoint but could only load one slide at a time. So I may try changing it to a Word Doc. I appreciate your help :-)

Badge

Hi, so it looks like the Word doc can only be inserted as a whole doc, but what I actually want to do is to create a series of images (screen shots) from a recording that was made. If I tell you the steps that I did perhaps you can advise.

Recorded a session with a user

Stepped through the recording and screenshotted the various actions

copy the screenshots into PowerPoint and then add boxes/highlights etc

Result was a powerpoint slide deck with 17 slides

I then want to upload these slides into ClickLearn and import them into an existing recording

I can do this by selecting one slide at a time from the uploaded PowerPoint file but cannot select all of the slides to import into existing recording.

Am I missing something or is this the only way to do this?

Thanks Penny

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Penny,

you do it the exact same way, almost!

you upload the powerpoint as an asset, then you edit the recording in which you wanna include the powerpoint - and you link to it from a content block, like this:

if this doesn’t solve your issue, go ahead and email support or your CSM, then we can look at it together :)