Solved

Is there any clue to create index related to records in clicklearn

Hi,

I do need to create index pointing to my recording in clicklearn. 

But i dont know how to deal with that.

Would you help please ?

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by Per 5 April 2022, 12:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Brou Sohan 

Thank you for your question. I am not 100% certain I understand exactly what you are asking. Are you in the process of creating a learning portal, and need to build a structure for your portal? If so, this article should be helpful: 

If not, please do provide a few more details on what it is you are trying to achieve.

Yes i have a structure. But i do need something (like an index with hyperlinks related to title) that will make me jump directly to a recording just by clicking on it.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thank you for providing additional info. Here are a few things that ClickLearn does for you automatically, which might be helpful:

• It creates a “site map” feature in the learning portal, accessible via the ^Content button at the bottom of the page, which contains direct links to recordings:
  • It creates a downloadable PDF with a “table of contents” which contains direct links to recordings and sections inside the document:

Could this do what you want to achieve?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Brou Sohan ,

I had a similar request and made this work at my organization.  First I use the Table of Contents (TOC), also known as “Download Full Portal” in ClickLearn, that is created by ClickLearn as shown above in this thread.  Next I highlight the entire TOC and paste Unicode into excel and essentially re-create the table in excel format with three columns:  ID, Description, and URL.  Not described entirely here but based on the length and format of the ID number from ClickLearn TOC, I can determine if the table of content items is a shelf, chapter, book, recording  or subchapter using a quick excel formula. For the URLs, since the recording name is dynamic, I used a concat() to add the static part of the recording URL to the dynamic (recording name part) and I have solved this issue. 

In my example below, I am only creating a URL list for books and recordings and filtering out all the other content.

From there, I offer it as an alternative in our training platform (as a button on the shelf template) giving end-users direct links to books and recordings in the popular excel sheet format. We have found that some end-users want to create a list of recordings specifically related to their departments and training with direct links to recordings. 

The entire process to update this excel sheet directly from the PDF table of contents is less than 5  minutes and is part of our regular production process when we reproduce our content.

I hope that helps!  If I can help further, please let me know. Tom 😀