Question

Navigate to other recordings using "Add new Question"?

• 28 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi, Since we are trying to create short recordings we have a need to “link” to other recordings related to the previous…

We know that we can use links in text block, but these are statics, so looking more for a dynamic link…
i.e. if you update a recording you wouldn’t need to update you link manually... 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Pekka Lundström 

The recording links are not changed when updated, the only reason it would change would be if you deleted the recording and remade the recording that is being linked it.

Or if you change the project domain name.

for example here, you can see the referenced recording ID in the URL, that is what clicklearn cares about - and that is what you should be linking to :)

r=a1c987b4-f801-4b05-90e1-c340a3b3660c

Hi Morten

I’m experiencing the same challenge of doing short instructions and then trying to link the recordings within the same process.

E.g a proces that consist of an “Creating MRB case” part and then later on a “MRB case management” part.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Where do i find the link for the recordings within a project?
  2. Is it possible to link recordings that are published in our IFS training hub?

Hi @Pekka Lundström 

The recording links are not changed when updated, the only reason it would change would be if you deleted the recording and remade the recording that is being linked it.

Or if you change the project domain name.

for example here, you can see the referenced recording ID in the URL, that is what clicklearn cares about - and that is what you should be linking to :)

Hi @Morten 

I’m experiencing the same challenge of doing short instructions and then trying to link the recordings within the same process.

E.g a proces that consist of an “Creating MRB case” part and then later on a “MRB case management” part.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Where do i find the link for the recordings within a project?
  2. Is it possible to link recordings that are published in our IFS training hub?
Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Kasper Thøger Holmberg 

1. You can find the links to specific recordings, or even to specific chapters with in a recording, by navigating to the recording on a published portal. Then copy that link and include that as a link in a text block, or you can even use the hyperlink feature on the structure if you please.

1. Yes, using above method you can link to any URL starting with http.