RAM requirements?

• 24 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Per, 

Thanks for this, however can you also confirm the minimum and recommended specs for memory? (installed RAM)  Even if I am only running ClickLearn Attain and my Chrome browser for authoring, my ClickLearn is still freezing up and unresponsive and I suspect it is consuming allot of memory.   I cannot confirm as I cannot even run Task Manager as our machines are quite restricted.   At present I only have 16GB of RAM but I will get an upgrade to 32GB.

Regards, 

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @beauj9 

Thank you for posting this question. We don’t have requirements higher than those for running Windows OS. I have personally worked with Attain on VMs with only 8GB of RAM without any of the issues you describe. It sounds to me like there could maybe be other things causing this.

Our support team are eager to help you look into this and find out how we can fix it. Could I kindly ask you to send a typical recording where this happens, using the technical support option from inside Attain. And add a description of your problem (you may include a link to this question). Then our team will reach out to setup a quick call with you.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Per;

I did some more testing, and I realised it only freezes when I am connected to my company VPN.  This does allot of tunnelling and processes the packets differently and severely slows my connection to ClickLearn cloud.   I’m pretty sure this is the cause.  Any other reports of VPN’s doing this?

Thanks, 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @beauj9 

Very well done troubleshooting. 👍 Yes, we have had other customers with similar problems when running an active VPN. It seems (some?) VPN services can cause bottlenecks somehow to our Microsoft-based cloud service. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Per, 

As it turns out this issue had nothing to do with “RAM Requirements” but perhaps if you can consider renaming this topic or thread to something more relevant like: “VPN connections can cause poor connection to ClickLearn cloud”  or something like that.. this way other people having similar problems can find it easily. 

Thank you! :)