Solved

Recording loading slowly

• 14 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I’ve been having difficulties loading some (most) files when trying to edit. It does load, but sometimes I have to wait upward of a minute or two before gaining access to the steps. It looks like the image below for a couple of minutes. Switching languages and reloading after editing one step also takes what seems like forever before you’re able to continue working. I’ve made sure to prioritize Clicklearn in the task manager so that it processes faster on my laptop as well, but am worried that this might not just be a memory/cpu issue. Is anyone else having similar issues? Can it be related to the cloud/my internet connection?

Best regards,

Amina

icon

Best answer by Per 23 March 2022, 11:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @aminasul 

Thank you for posting your question. When working in ClickLearn Attain, as with any cloud-based solutions, internet connection can become a bottleneck. I highly doubt insufficient CPU or RAM resources would be causing this. We have seen examples from customers where using VPN will decrease internet speed quite dramatically. Have you tried measuring your internet connection speed on websites such as speedtest.net? It measures PING (lower is better), DOWNLOAD MBPS (higher is better) and UPLOAD MBPS (higher is better). You should get something like PING 5ms, DOWNLOAD 50 mbps, UPLOAD 50 mbps or better, to rule out internet connection as an issue. 

Our support desk would be happy to help you investigate this - feel free to reach out in case you would like some assistance. 

How to contact the ClickLearn Support? | Clicklearn Community

It’s 150/150 so I don’t think that the internet connection is an issue. VPN shouldn’t be an issue either as I’m on site every day. To further describe this, it’s only about half of the recordings where this issue is present. Also, clicklearn sometimes eats about 1,7gb of ram when I only have 8 (7.3 gb available for use, up to 2.5gb when prioritizing the process when opening/creating a recording and replaying).

The answer here for anyone who might experience the same issue is that when we exported our files from classic and imported them into attain, the external files (added screenshots etc.) did not get uploaded. This didn’t happen with every file, but it did happen to most files with a step that looked like this:

I solved this by adding random images to the steps with a missing asset in the left column (it doesn’t say which steps that are missing assets so make sure you know which ones you need to fix because it reloads for another minute or two to load in all of the steps in the preview again after adding/changing a step) That way, it loads immediately as it should and you have a chance to upload to correct images in the right order. 

Not sure why it takes an eternity to load something that doesn’t exist, maybe it still searches for an asset regardless?

PS.

This was CL earlier today before crashing, are we sure that there is no issue with RAM? @Per 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @aminasul 

thank you for your time today, i have documented and escalated this issue to our development team, and it it’s fix will be included in an upcoming release.

You can sign up here to get release note info updates:

https://community.clicklearn.com/attain-release-notes-87