Solved

Unable to edit a field in Data editor which requires input from user

• 29 February 2024
  • 4 replies

When using Replay you would like to change the input recorded before in an input field in the recorded application. However, While recording, ClickLearn did nog define that field as an input field, so you cannot change any text that was entered before. How can I change the type of field. CoPilot states that it is possible does not tell exactly how. Yes, using custom scripts but I don’t know how.

icon

Best answer by Morten 29 February 2024, 15:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Paul 

An input field indicates that you are entering data using your keyboard, is that correct?

If so, then it is that keyboard input you will want to change in the Data Editor.

If you instead mean a data selection step, like a table - then we may need to develop the connector to support it, we can only determine this and its possibility by you sending in the recording - you can just use the report function in clicklearn, that will send the recording to us and open a support ticket automatically :)

You are correct. A user enters data with his keyboard when the focus is on an inputfield in an application (IFS). However, in my experience ClickLearn does not often recognize this field during recording as input field. I have found kind of workaround that I try several times to record those steps again, hoping that ClickLearn will detect it as an inputfield in the recording. For Replay you might want to change the input if some data is not present anymore in the application.

Userlevel 6
Badge

please reach out to us via support, so we can look at the specific recording and scenario

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I am currently not able to reproduce my problem. Now ClickLearn works as it should be. I will keep in in mind that I can Report a problem under the question mark in the navigation menu in the left side of ClickLearn studio.