Solved

viewing the PDF

• 10 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi there,

I am wondering if someone can please explain why the PDF document does not format the same way as the format created in the written editor?

I take my time to make sure I am happy with the way the format looks while in the written editor.

I then select Preview. The steps from the Preview page match the format in the written editor.

From the Preview page, I select PDF and the format is different!

I know some of our users like to print the PDF, so it is important that visually it is appealing and easy to follow. It becomes more work for me when I now have to return to the written editor and reformat it so the PDF is formatted in a way I am happy with.

Because of this, it has added extra work for me and my team.

• in the PDF- spacing and bullets may look different
  • words have extra spaces or not enough
  • sentences that have a space between them in the editor are crammed together in the PDF
  • as well as other smaller issues

Can someone please explain why this happens and if there is some sort of setting I can set so that my PDF and my written editor match.

Thanks

Lorie D

icon

Best answer by Christine 11 March 2022, 13:52

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Lorie! 

Just to be sure, when you are referring to the Preview ‘page’ are you looking from the Structure level, using the Preview button there?  Have you gone through producing and publishing to view the PDF from the link? 

I’d like to take a look at this together with you, so please click this link to my booking portal and see if there is a time convenient to your schedule that we can do so:  https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ClickLearnCHE@clicklearn.com/bookings/