Animating while narrating

Userlevel 6
Badge

Did you know that you can modify the ClickLearn video to have a slightly faster pace, without speeding up the voice?

Traditionally, the instruction is read out - then the animation is shown. But with this small template change, the instruction will be read out seamlessly with the animation showing on screen.

You can find the video here: 

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Morten.

It’s a cool feature that we like to use in all our recordings. However, some weeks back, you recommended we remove the videoflags=2 from the template. The reason for your recommendation was that the speech was behaving oddly, for example, sentences were not finished, or the speech was unintentionally speeded up. Is the application bug still there, or has it been solved, enabling us to reactivate the videoflags=2?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Morten.

It’s a cool feature that we like to use in all our recordings. However, some weeks back, you recommended we remove the videoflags=2 from the template. The reason for your recommendation was that the speech was behaving oddly, for example, sentences were not finished, or the speech was unintentionally speeded up. Is the application bug still there, or has it been solved, enabling us to reactivate the videoflags=2?

Hi @Mister Continia 

there has been some issues with this previously due to time calculation with disabled steps and steps with video off.

everything should have been resolved by now tho, go ahead and give it a shot :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Morten We will try it out on selected recordings and report back to you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Morten

We have recently tried producing with videoflags=2 again. Unfortunately, the problem still resides. Please let me know if you like to test with our recording.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @Mister Continia 

sorry to hear that, please send it to us using the technical support feature - then we can figure out whats going on :)

Hello, was this issue ever fixed?  I am producing a video now and noticed the length of time is stretched out by having to wait on the action after the spoken text.  We would like to streamline but we also have added notes that it is important are read in full in the videos.

Userlevel 6
Badge

hi @matt.batey did you do the template modification as shown in the video? :)

Badge

Hello. I watched the video. My concern is that my language independent field is empty unlike in the video. I wanted to copy what is on the video but I cannot see everything. Can somebody please reply the contents so I could copy then paste in on my empty box? Or do I need to do something so that the contents will appear?

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @jasminesai 

it should look like this:

ASIDEOBJECT_JSV

if it does not, try our default template from here:

http://apps.clicklearn.dk/Template/ClickLearn%20Template.zip

Badge

Just to confirm, even if I am producing WMV files, I should go here? or I should pick the one ending with wmv? Thank you for your responses.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi @jasminesai this does not affect WMV files - this is the JSV only, so the html video.