Recording smartphone apps

• 26 June 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge

Tips and tricks on how to record your smartphone apps. Just a few methods are covered here, as there are many possibilities.

Should you have questions, let me know below and perhaps i can elaborate further inspired by your comments :)

recording smartphone apps - YouTube

7 replies

Hi @Morten ,

Thanks for replying! I was able to edit the hotspot but was not able to increase the size of the cropped image - usually the cropped image doesn’t capture the whole section of the form I want to show/doesn’t give the perspective. My option was to either make it full screen, or go with what is automatically cropped. I did figure out a solution to my problem after re-watching your video on creating mobile app recordings. After adding a group to the single step, Attain allows me to edit the size of the cropped image - cropped to group. Is there a way to increase the area cropped without adding a group to the step?

Thanks, Parul 

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Parul,

in Attain, you click the frame of the hotspot and drag to reposition. Or you can type the pixel dimensions.

If it is an input step, like typing on the keyboard - then you CANNOT adjust the hotspot, as all input steps are tied to the step before it, therefor adjusting the prior step will also affect the input step :)

@Morten , I am trying to create a new hotspot on Attain, holding shift + dragging to create the hotspot. However, it doesn’t seem to work for me. What is the best way to discard the automatic hotspot and create a new one? I also want the image to crop to around the new hotspot, but unable to see any change on crop image after manually changing the hotspot on any screenshot. Any tips?

Userlevel 6
Badge

@Milena looks like they were moved as an admin has been re-organizing the youtube accounts.

please try again :)

Badge

Hi @Morten

the media file of your post is not available anymore.

Where do we find any information about tips and tricks on how to record smartphone apps?

Thanks for an information.

Best regards
Milena

Userlevel 6
Badge

Thanks Morten. This is useful, and I like that you provide a couple of different options.

Around the 6’28” mark, how are you creating the hotspot in red? I looks like you’re just clicking and dragging, but when I try that with a similar step it wants to just move the green rectangle.

Hi @RichardPower :)

Ah, my apologies - i am holding down the shift-key while drawing a new hotspot.

When you draw a new hotspot, the old one will vanish - therefor, using this method - you can disregard where the old one was, since you are making a new one every time you do this. Unlike the screen cropping area with the green rectangle, which is moved around.

The green rectangle will automatically relocate itself relative to your new hot spot, so after you draw the red hotspot just click ok - then you can always go back and adjust the green rectangle afterwards, don’t do both at once since clicklearn will both relocate and take into account that you manually moved it.

In short, hold shift, draw hotspot - click OK and you are done! :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Morten. This is useful, and I like that you provide a couple of different options.

Around the 6’28” mark, how are you creating the hotspot in red? I looks like you’re just clicking and dragging, but when I try that with a similar step it wants to just move the green rectangle.