Versioning and Change Management Using Metadata

• 21 June 2023
  • 6 replies
Versioning and Change Management Using Metadata
Userlevel 6
Badge

Learn about using metadata for versioning and change management.

00:00 intro

00:34 adding metadata

03:00 change management

10:14 version vs revision

11:55 metadata for word and pdf

14:55 building a word template with metadata

19:04 building a powerpoint template with metadata

23:53 metadata as part of the predefined structure for the purpose of change management

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Morten,

This has been a really awesome and educational video. I learnt quite a lot of new stuff today.

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Morten,

This has been a really awesome and educational video. I learnt quite a lot of new stuff today.

Thanks!

Thank you Georgie, I am glad to hear that 😊

Hi Morten,

Great video thanks - it has elevated the development of our templates and have a way of managing version control now.
Hoping you can help me with an issue I’m experiencing on this please: I have followed all the steps in your tutorial on adding the revision and revision date metadata into the language template and also using Quick Parts fields for my word doc template. This issue I’m having is the exported word doc does not show the data when I export it?

The metadata shows in the editor screen:

This is the footer of the exported word doc using the template with the fields added:

Have you come across this before or have any ideas what I’m missing in my setup?

Thanks

Rob

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hi Rob,

Glad to hear you found it useful :)

Try making two columns in that table:

| Revision: | clrevision |

| Revision Date: | clrevdate |

you can always “cheat” by making some of the lines in the table invisible, so that it “looks” like its just a single cell if you want to.

sorry for the primitive model :D

if it isn't working, send me a mail on support and we can look at it on a remote session

Hey Morten,

Thanks for the quick reply - amazing!

I have done as you suggested creating a new table with 2 columns and added the fields again and it works perfectly thanks!!

Userlevel 6
Badge

Hey Morten,

Thanks for the quick reply - amazing!

I have done as you suggested creating a new table with 2 columns and added the fields again and it works perfectly thanks!!

great to see :) i am glad it works for you!